Tuesday 11 February 2014

Where the blummin' heck have I been?

*waves sheepishly*

Okay. Well, 2013 went by a lot quicker than I thought.




Pretty sunset from my new home to distract you from a lack of posts...

I have a shameful confession to make. I had actually forgotten my Blogger password because it had been so long since my last post. How embarrassing!

I'm sorry. I honestly don't know where the time went but I do have some valid excuses -ahem- I mean reasons. For starters I moved house which is quite possibly the most stressful thing ever. I always thought people were exaggerating when they said moving was hard work. I mean, it's just plonking your precious possessions into a box, shoving them in a van and then they all slot perfectly into your new abode. Right? 

Wrong. It is a nightmare! But I did have a lot of fun sorting out things from the loft.



Baby Lydi working the big collar and hair ribbons



Not sure if 'Sleeping Barbie' is more terrifying in her tissue wrapping or out of it!



Not happy in my ballet gear (soz about the camera flashback)



At least Barbie had a cool house and car (and horse)



I may have played around with my Sylvanian Families collection once I rediscovered them... #bigkidatheart ... I promise to not hash tag again



And I was really excited to see the display at Peter Jones. There is an ELEPHANT FAMILY


Two words: Hellow agen
(Maybe I should have led with that line?)


And of course, the obligatory old toot. Possibly my new favourite tea vessel

There was also Christmas to think about. 


The dog artfully posing by the very festive fireplace


No Christmas would be complete without the Christmas Log cake, decorated by yours truly.



The cat getting into the spirit of things, she's roughly 18 years old but still appreciates a good tummy rub and Father Christmas hat

With plenty of chocolate eating and present wrapping to be getting on with, this blog was at the bottom of my (extensive) to-do list. Many apologies.

Living out of a suitcase hasn't been my only life change though. If you've read my blog post about Bio Sculpture Nails, you will know that I graduated from university in July last year. After a month of walking my dog, baking calorie-laden delicacies, catching up with my mum and generally enjoying being a young twentysomething, a realisation hit me: I am officially an adult.



Poppyseed Lemon Drizzle Cake makes everything okay - I promise

Cue many nights of panic induced insomnia and obsessively re-writing my CV, sweat dripping from my brow as I try to decide whether 'Dear Sir/Madam' is too formal for my cover letter.

I know I'm not alone in this struggle. Only yesterday I watched a Channel 4 news segment on jobless graduates, which estimates that more than 25% of people aged between 20-34 are living with their parents, which is the highest number since records began. No bueno.

However, after lots of persistence (and quite a few cups of tea) I managed to land a position freelancing at EntertainmentWise. It's a rather snazzy celebrity news/gossip site. I've wanted to be a journalist since I was 13 years old, so to actually be doing it is such an amazing feeling. 




Lydia, meet Lydia.

So far I've gone to a few press events, interviewed Lydia Rose Bright (from The Only Way Is Essex) and attended the Jack Ryan press conference, where I actually made eye contact with KENNETH BRANAGH. Oh yeah, and I spoke to Dappy during the Celebrity Big Brother press call. The 14 year old me was very happy.




Kenneth Branagh, Keira Knightley and Chris Pine all within touching distance


Okay, so enough 'name-dropping', but there we have it. That's where I've been for the past... erm 4 months or so.

I actually have a few ideas for future blog posts which I'll try to get cracking with sooner rather than later.

In the mean time find me tweeting here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me?